From: Aaron Willems <aaron@lieberman.com>
Subject: Re: Using IMAP outside the office
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:19:29 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Re: Using IMAP outside the office Yes, this is what I suspected, that the Outside ISP’s are blocking Port 25

Yes, users can always retrieve email through Outlook or Entourage and even send to other people at the company. Just not to outside people. I don’t know how to set up SMTP authentication. No, I don’t want turn on the Relay feature as this would be an open invitation to Spammers to turn our Mail site into an Open Relay. Also many companies don’t allow for incoming email through a Relay.

--
Aaron Willems
Systems Administrator