From: Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie@2gc.co.uk>
Subject: Certificates help needed...
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:14:04 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'm messing around with security certificates... wonder if anyone can help with this.

Have installed a domain level SSL certificate.  Noticed that help system says in theory you can generate user keys / certificates via webmail system once you have done this (maybe wrong - just my reading of what is said).  So try to do this...  When I get to appropriate bit of webmail and change password as requested to generate certificate, I get the error "directory record data is damaged".   But the process completes, and I can export the certificate.

When I try to import the certificate into something (Apple's OS X Keychain in this case) I get an error "CL_INVALID_FIELD_POINTER" pop up, and the import fails.

But if I then upload the certificate back to webmail I can use it to 'delete' the key.

All a bit confusing... can anyone explain what might be going on / wrong?

Thanks!

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@2gc.co.uk
Registered number: 3754183.Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/