From: Keith Beeby <k.beeby@albion.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Barracuda LDAP - Should be Address Verification
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:05:20 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Is this now possible to do LDAP lookups for aliases etc so we can use it with LDAP integration with a Barracuda spam file firewall?

Keith
On 14 Feb 2006, at 14:51, Lyle Giese wrote:

Feature request!

This should be a feature that is selectable by the administrator. Aliases, lists and all-domain aliases have a use in LDAP when someone wants to use a front-end, whether a Barracuda or an outside anti-spam/anti-virus service.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.

Nathan wrote:
I was able to get the LDAP verivication to work just fine with CGPro and Barracuda.  I had to stop using it however because CGPro aliases are not listed in the CGPro LDAP.  When I mentioned this to the CGPro list as a feature request I was shot down and told there was never a need for aliases to be listed in the LDAP.
 LDAP verification will work as long as you are not using aliases or if you manually add all the asliases to the CGPro LDAP directory.
 Nathan
 On 2/10/06, *Brendan O'Toole* <botoole@latinschool.org <mailto:botoole@latinschool.org>> wrote:
     > His point is that he wants to do address verification at the
    perimeter and he is trying to use LDAP to query the CGP directory to
    validate an address.
     > Regardless of the type of proxy, either Barracuda or MPP based or
    anything, address verification is important.  My understanding is
    that the CGP LDAP
     > directory is not acceptable for this purpose because it will not
    validate aliases or mailing lists.  Someone should confirm this though.
    The Barracuda does SMTP address verification! Without LDAP! And it
    doesn't
    break aliases or lists in the process!