From: Stefan Seiz <TalkLists@index-s.de>
Subject: Re: MacOS X Upgrade to 5.1.11 Issues
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:10:29 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 27.07.2007 14:54 Uhr, Kirk Gleason <kgleason@finelight.com> wrote:

> When I did my upgrade, I just started it from the CLI rather than
> reboot the server. Works fine. Much nicer way to do it.

Mike surely knows how to do this too. I assume he only posted this, to let
Stalker know, that there is a change in behaviour which is not documented so
*some* "Mac'ish" users might overlook this and run into trouble due to a CGP
Process already running.

A Mac Installer offers the possibility to stick a README right in the users
face when he double clicks a package. That would be the proper place to use
to notify the user about such changes/necesseties - or you might even do the
start/stop for the user using a post-install script.

--
Stefan Seiz <http://www.stefanseiz.com>
Spamto: <bin@imd.net>