From: Jakob Peterhänsel <jakob@hjemme.dk>
Subject: Re: MacOS X Upgrade to 5.1.11 Issues
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:48:29 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Well,

As the CGP installer does not install any kernal extentions, there are no reason what-so-ever to reboot the OS.
Using launchd is the correct, and by Apple recommended, way of making sure services/deamons run.

The great thing about launchd, is that is will/can then also monitor the process and make sure it get's restartet in the rare event that is should crash.

Startup Items are for OS X 10.0-10.3, launchd is for 10.4+

Wanna know more? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd

    Jakob Peterhänsel

"Be a part of the Love Generation - carry a smile, not a gun."
- JP, May 2006

Email:     jakob@hjemme.dk
AIM:         Marook
Phone:     +45 29687104