From: Michael Wise <spiski@okean.com>
Subject: Re: MacOS X Upgrade to 5.1.11 Issues
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:38:10 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On 2007.07.27 03:25 PDT (UTC -7) Technical Support wrote:

Running the uninstaller and removing CommuniGatePro.pkg from the Receipts directory allowed me to install 5.1.11, but I was not prompted to restart after installation as all previous versions of CGP installers have made me do.

We decided it may be more appropriate for administrators to restart CGPro using command line (/Library/StartupItems/CommuniGatePro/CommuniGatePro [stop|start]). We are considering adding launchd items for future release to simplify handling of the service.

Suggesting to restart the entire server is too Mac'ish :-)

Whereas giving us a broken and ill-performing installer is too Windows'ish. ; )

--Mike