From: Michael Katz <mkatz@messagepartners.com>
Subject: Re: Rules with macro symbols
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:21:17 -0400
To: Janis Lünne <janis@servicemail24.de>, CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We can do this in MPP, a filter for CGP.  It is part of our content filter module.

http://messagepartners.com/products/mpp_for_communigatepro.html

You don't have to use AV or AS capabilities to do this with MPP.

Mike Katz

Janis Lünne wrote:

I'm playing around with domain-wide rules for a couple of days now but I just can't make it do what I want.
Maybe anybody of you has got a quick idea how to handle the following scenario:

domain xyz.com
- 1 account admin@xyz.com
 - n aliases (user1@xyz.com, user2@xyz.com ... usern@xyz.com)

Mails to any address within this domain containing the header "X-custom: value" should be stored in a mailbox of account "admin".
Domain-level Rule:
Header Field   is   X-custom: value
Store in   ~admin/mailbox
Discard

No problem so far.
But any other mail to any recipient within this domain should be forwarded to another server which hosts the real mailboxes.
In order to do that, I tried to set up a domain-level rule:
To   is   *@xyz.com
Mirror to   *@xyz.com@[1.2.3.4]   //the IP-Adress of the server which hosts the mailboxes.
Discard

That doesn't work, because the * in the rule action is not substituted with the original string before the @.

I read the documentation and figured out that it is possible to use macro symbols like ^X with some rule actions.
But that won't work for the "Mirror to" action either.

I thought about using router records for this task, but if I would do a router record like
*@xyz.com = *@xyz.com@[1.2.3.4]
the first rule won't work any longer.

Then I thought about using the "Mail to unknown" Option "Rerouted to", but that would kill the first rule as well.

Does anybody have another idea how to handle that ?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Janis

--