From: Technical Support <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: MacOS X Upgrade to 5.1.11 Issues
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:25:22 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

Michael Wise wrote:

On 2007.07.25 17:07 PDT (UTC -7) Phil Slater wrote:

We have been receiving reports of issues regarding doing upgrades to 5.1.11 on MacOS X of some various errors such as "nothing to install" or "bill of materials".

In order to get around this issue.

1. Uninstall CGP (will NOT delete accounts and settings) You can find the Uninstall.command file in the download
Drag and drop into terminal if logged in as root

2. In terminal with your logged in as root enter the following command

rm -r /LIbrary/Receipts/CommuniGate.pkg

There are two typos in the above path. It should be:

/Library/Receipts/CommuniGatePro.pkg

Running the uninstaller and removing CommuniGatePro.pkg from the Receipts directory allowed me to install 5.1.11, but I was not prompted to restart after installation as all previous versions of CGP installers have made me do.

We decided it may be more appropriate for administrators to restart CGPro using command line (/Library/StartupItems/CommuniGatePro/CommuniGatePro [stop|start]). We are considering adding launchd items for future release to simplify handling of the service.

Suggesting to restart the entire server is too Mac'ish :-)

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov