From: Hans Melgers <hans@enem.nl>
Subject: Re: Subscribing to calendars in outlook 2007 (and a suggestion)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:08:05 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

I second that!  The support for "open other users folder" in 1.2.12 is a great improvement but limited to the default folders. My experience is that it's too hard for our users to go into webmail and then find and make an alias themselves. And why not make the sip settings also available in outlook ? It's a bit silly to have to login into webmail to change f.i. your voicemail settings.

Bret Miller schreef:
<snip>

Here's a suggestion for the developers: Why not add folder alias management to the MAPI connector? You already do rules. Folder aliases would be easier, and it would make access to shared folders so much easier. In fact, you might want to do it two ways-- have the folder aliases management page so you can see all the folders you connect to, but also have a wizard for connecting to a shared folder. Prompt for which folder to connect to-- automatically remove the domain if it's the same as the current user-- then ask what to call it in Outlook. Then create the alias for them. It might not be official "delegation" support, but it would sure make life easier...

Bret