From: Marcel Hochuli mhochuli@a-f.ch <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: moveimapmail with tls/ssl
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:40:01 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <cgatepro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi

We try to migrate E-Mail from dovecot apple mail to CGP.

But we cannot use moveimapmail, because the other MTA does not allow plaintext.

Log:

bash-3.2# ./MoveIMAPMail --verbose 192.168.162.5 myuser mypass 192.168.162.6 myuser mypass
Copying from myuser on 192.168.162.5:143 to myuser on 192.168.162.6
src<: * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE] Dovecot ready.
src>: a0 LOGIN myuser mypass
src<: * BAD [ALERT] Plaintext authentication not allowed without SSL/TLS, but your client did it anyway. If anyone was listening, the password was exposed.
src<: a0 NO [PRIVACYREQUIRED] Plaintext authentication disallowed on non-secure (SSL/TLS) connections.
 *** Source IMAP: a0 NO [PRIVACYREQUIRED] Plaintext authentication disallowed on non-secure (SSL/TLS) connections.
 0 messages copied, 0 new mailboxes created, 0 mailboxes subscribed

I didn't found an option for moveimapmail to use some kind of secure connection…

Any help is welcome  ;-)

Marcel

+---
mailto:mhochuli@a-f.ch