From: Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Store In rule
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:52:28 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
CGP 6.2.8
Windows 2012 64bit

Is it possible to use Macros with the Store In rule action?

For instance, currently I use an account for archiving. It has a number of rules which allow backup emails for different domains to be stored into different folders, for ease of retrieval/storage.

For instance:

Header Field IS *domain1*
Header Field IS NOT *X-Stored-In: Domain1*

Add Header "X-Stored-In: Domain1
Store In Domain1

This rule is account based and will store the email in the folder Domain1 at root level.

What I would love to be able to do instead is the following macro variable (similar to reply with ^T):

Store In Archives/^YYYY/^YYYY-MM/Domain1

This way the email is automatically stored the folder with macros replaced like so:

Archives/2018/2018/10/Domain1

I do not want to use Perl or other externals to do this. I want to be able to do it within the CGP rules. As a server based rule would be even better because I could stop mirroring to the account and then use account based rules.

Currently I have to connect to this account with an IMAP client and manually archive each month to this structure. After a period of about 6 months, I copy the older files off to a NAS (at filesystem level) and delete the folders on the mail server.

Thanks :-)

--
Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com> Cairns, QLD