From: Technical Support support@communigate.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Involuntary deletion of deleted messsages
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 11:41:12 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2018-09-18 18:40 , Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:
I’ll be darned!

I started clicking through the admin UI and to my surprise I discovered there’s a:

Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Objects > myaccount > Preferences > Trash Management > On Logout Remove from Trash if Older than = default(92 days)

…setting under this one account. It’s suddenly clear that must be the reason.

But I don’t understand why this one account is the ONLY account which has this option on my server. Where does one even set the ’default’ setting for it?

Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Accound Defaults -> Preferences

On 18 Sep 2018, at 18:30, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

Let me immediately correct myself. You don’t mean the same. :D

There’s indeed a separate 'Delete Messages after’ setting. However, I have it also set to ’Default(Never)’ on both account and domain level. The same goes for 'Archive Messages after’.

On 18 Sep 2018, at 18:22, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

Karl, thanks for the suggestion but I think you mean the same thing I already wrote to have. :)

Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Objects > myaccount > Mail > Mail Settings > Erase Deleted Messages = Default(No)

On 18 Sep 2018, at 17:15, Karl Zander cgplist@commpartners.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

You mention this happens with one account.  Check the individual account settings too.

Account_name -->Mail -->Mail Settings -->Delete Messages After

--Karl

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 08:26:38 +0300
"Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi" <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have suffered from a weird phenomena with one of my mail accounts. Deleted messages mailbox get erased even though I have specifically set all my mail clients (Apple Mail and iOS Mail) to NOT erase them. It would appear this happens infrequently/periodically instead of e.g. when quitting mail client. For example, today the oldest message in my Deleted Messages mailbox is Apr 25th. This doesn’t happen with my other accounts with identical settings.

My Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Account Defaults > Mail Settings > Erase Deleted Messages = Default(No). Also Users > Domains > mydomain.dom > Objects > myaccount > Mail > Mail Settings > Erase Deleted Messages = Default(No).

Obviously it’s possible I have missed some setting somewhere, but where? What can cause this and how can I pinpoint the cause? Is it possible the cause is a hidden (legacy) setting somewhere in CGP settings files which isn’t visible through the admin UI?

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi

Best regards,