From: Patrick Sneyers triksys@mac.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re.: 550 server without authentication error
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:58:29 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Again whith subject this time.

> We are running CommuniGate Pro v6.2.0 on a Red Hat linux server. When we try to send emails to a specific external address, their mail system replies with the following delivery failure:
>
> Failed to deliver to 'xxxxx@bcsaust.com.au'
> SMTP module(domain bcsaust.com.au) reports:
> host bcsaust.com.au says:
> 550 server without authentication.
>
> At this point in time this is the only external email domain that we are sending to which is reporting this problem.
> Are there any settings I can check on our CommuniGate Pro server?

Looks like a DNS issue to me.

MX records for bcsaust.com.au are:
0 asp.reflexion.net.
100 mx-100.reflexion.net.
200 mx-110.reflexion.net.

Your message should have gone to asp.reflexion.net.

It looks like CGP didn't find the MX records for bcsaust.com.au.
In that case CGP tries to send to the A-record, which, by the way, I find very annoying (I'm still hoping for a way to disable this "feature" - no MX = domain accepts no email to me).

The A record 182.160.157.108 is listening on port 25, so some MTA is active there. But it's not set up to receive without SMTP authentication for bcsaust.com.au.
Hence te error.

Patrick Sneyers
BE