From: Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: DNS server failure - mail queue issue
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:24:23 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

A very long time ago I had the same problem with an important msg stuck in the queue. I restarted CGP and it appeared to work.

I can't say whether or not it will work for you now but it is worth a try IMHO.

On 13/07/2018 2:13 PM, Paul_Dudley pdudley@anl.com.au wrote:

We have a number of outbound messages stuck in the sending queue. They were stuck there because of a DNS server failure error, trying to resolve a specific domain. I have since changed the sending SMTP server (under Settings -> Mail -> SMTP -> Sending, and messages sent to that same domain since I made that change are being sent OK.

I would have thought that these stuck messages would now attempt to be sent via the new outgoing SMTP relay server and now be sent, but in the log I still see the same errors:

DNR-009083(xx.xx.xx) MX:DNS server failure

DNR-009125(xx.xx.xx) A:DNS server failure

SMTP-078760(xx.xx.xx) failed to resolve 'xx.xx.xx':Error Code=DNS server failure

I have even fixed the DNS issue on the server itself (it can now resolve the domain correctly) and have re-released the queue but still these messages will not send.

Any ideas? Would stopping and restarting the CommuniGate service fix the problem?

Regards

Paul Dudley

pdudley@anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER