From: Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Rules action to Store In a specific mailbox
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 11:03:08 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve but I have a similar scenario. I have an external filter which marks incoming emails. If the incoming email has the header addition meeting my criteria, I need the email moved into a specific folder in the user's mailbox. This is the same for every user.

My thought was to do it at the server rule level, however it is not possible. It is easy enough to setup at the domain level, which is where you need to run it.

This is where you place the rule:

Users -> Domains -> "domain" -> Mail -> Incoming Mail Rules -> Add Rule (down the bottom).

Domain is the name of your domain such as domain.com

Your rule is setup just like a user's rule. By this, I mean something like the following:

Data
Headerfield in "multiple conditions"

Action
Store In "Folder Name"
Discard

You do not place the domain name or the user before the folder name. As it is in the domain level, it already applies to the domain but also for every account in the domain.

As I have about 20 domains set up in CGP (excluding alias domain names), I place the following in the domain rule area in the vacation rule for domains (which I never use or enable):

You're in the domain area

The reason I do this is to make sure I didn't go to this area by mistake instead of a user's rule area.

Another thing you must keep in mind (I apologise if you already know this but seem people don't understand it) an email coming from one of your users being sent to the outside world, is still considered an incoming email with regards to the incoming mail rules. Some people get confused by this when it comes to rules.

Another thing is to realise the rules for server, domain and users all have level numbers. This is to allow you to fire rules in a certain sequence. Make sure you understand the order these rule numbers are fired off in so you can get the sequencing correct for your rule.

I hope this helps a bit.

On 28/05/2018 11:01 PM, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:
I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

Assuming a domain-wide rule applies only to a single domain (as the name suggests), how can a domain-wide rule be used to store ALL messages processed by the server unless the same rule is applied to all domains?

On 28 May 2018, at 15:50, Thomas Bleek bl@gfz-potsdam.de <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

Of course NOT:-) Domain rules have the same syntax and effect like account rule. they are merged with the account rules, great concept, I think.
tb
Domain-Wide Rules

Domain Administrators can specify Domain-wide Rules.

When a Message is being delivered to any Account by the Local Delivery module, or when a Signal targets any Server Account, the "effective" set of Account-level Rules is applied.
The first Rules in the effective set are Domain-wide Rules with priorities above 5, then it includes all Account-level Rules, and then - all Domain-wide Rules with priorities equal to or less than 5.

This method guarantees that all Domain-Wide Rules with priorities higher than 5 are applied before any Account Rule. If such a Domain-Wide Rule uses the Stop Processing action, no Account Rules are applied.

Note: Domain-Wide Rules are "mixed" with the Account Rules and are applied in the same environment as the Account Rules, "on behalf" of the Account user.

Am 28.05.2018 um 14:24 schrieb Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>:

Do you mean that I need to replicate the functionally identical rule for all of my domains under Users > Domains > domain.dom > Mail?

On 28 May 2018, at 13:53, Thomas Bleek bl@gfz-potsdam.de <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

I think, you should use a domain rule for that.
tb

Am 28.05.2018 um 12:01 schrieb Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>:

On 28 May 2018, at 12:34, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

How can I use the ’Store In’ Rule action to store a messages into users' mailbox with a specific name?

I tried ?~/MailboxName and /MailboxName and MailboxName but I get a 'Error Code=full mailbox name should be specified’ log entry
For clarification, I’m trying to create a Server-wide rule so the message should end up in the MailboxName of the user it was originally addressed to.

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi

Shaun