From: Technical Support support@communigate.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Rules action to Store In a specific mailbox
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 08:21:22 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2018-05-28 16:06 , Thomas Bleek bl@gfz-potsdam.de wrote:
As I know, your demand is not possible with server wide rules, you have to do this for every domain but fortunately not for every account.
Perhaps somebody knows more about this.

You are correct.

Server-wide rules require in the Store In action parameter the exact full mailbox name and there's no way to specify the "current recipient" as a part of that full mailbox name: there may be more than one or none at all local recipients in messages processed by server-wide rules.

Domain-wide rules oon teh other hand are extensions to account-level ones and are applied as a part of the LOCAL module delivery process - for each local recipient.

But one needs to specify such a rule for each domain.

tb

Am 28.05.2018 um 15:01 schrieb Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <mailto:postmaster@palvelin.fi> <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>>:

I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

Assuming a domain-wide rule applies only to a single domain (as the name suggests), how can a domain-wide rule be used to store ALL messages processed by the server unless the same rule is applied to all domains?

On 28 May 2018, at 15:50, Thomas Bleek bl@gfz-potsdam.de <mailto:bl@gfz-potsdam.de> <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>> wrote:

Of course NOT:-) Domain rules have the same syntax and effect like account rule. they are merged with the account rules, great concept, I think.
tb
Domain-Wide Rules

Domain Administrators can specify Domain-wide Rules.

When a Message is being delivered to any Account by the Local Delivery module, or when a Signal targets any Server Account, the "effective" set of Account-level Rules is applied.
The first Rules in the effective set are Domain-wide Rules with priorities above 5, then it includes all Account-level Rules, and then - all Domain-wide Rules with priorities equal to or less than 5.

This method guarantees that all Domain-Wide Rules with priorities higher than 5 are applied before any Account Rule. If such a Domain-Wide Rule uses the Stop Processing action, no Account Rules are applied.

Note: Domain-Wide Rules are "mixed" with the Account Rules and are applied in the same environment as the Account Rules, "on behalf" of the Account user.

Am 28.05.2018 um 14:24 schrieb Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <mailto:postmaster@palvelin.fi> <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>>:

Do you mean that I need to replicate the functionally identical rule for all of my domains under Users > Domains > domain.dom > Mail?

On 28 May 2018, at 13:53, Thomas Bleek bl@gfz-potsdam.de <mailto:bl@gfz-potsdam.de> <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>> wrote:

I think, you should use a domain rule for that.
tb

Am 28.05.2018 um 12:01 schrieb Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <mailto:postmaster@palvelin.fi> <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>>:

On 28 May 2018, at 12:34, Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <mailto:postmaster@palvelin.fi> <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com <mailto:CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>> wrote:

How can I use the ’Store In’ Rule action to store a messages into users' mailbox with a specific name?

I tried ?~/MailboxName and /MailboxName and MailboxName but I get a 'Error Code=full mailbox name should be specified’ log entry

For clarification, I’m trying to create a Server-wide rule so the message should end up in the MailboxName of the user it was originally addressed to.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov.