From: Technical Support support@communigate.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP session SMTPW-123456
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 08:48:27 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2018-04-27 16:25 , Jeff Wark jwark@tbaytel.net wrote:
I'm thinking now it is 'SMTP-WAKEUP' since we did make a server modification for retrieving mail from a backup server.

Yes, correct. It's also possible to see sessions tagged SMTPR - these are "reverse" SMTP sessions: the server initiates an outgoing SMTP session but then issues the ATRN command to reverse the mail flow.

On 4/27/2018 8:44 AM, Jeff Wark jwark@tbaytel.net wrote:
I was just looking at the logs for tracking a message, and I have come across something I have not seen before.  An SMTP session tagged with the following ID:
SMTPW-######

I have seen SMTPI-###### (for incoming I assume) and simply SMTP-######, but never an SMTPW-######.

Can anyone explain what the difference is with that one?[]

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov.