From: Andre Mueller andre.mueller@himmel-blau.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: best practice for setting-up a second CGP as backup mail server only?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:10:39 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Hello

We have running our CGP server for multiple domains. Until now we used an "associated" CGP server as reciprocal backup server.

Now we would like to set-up our own backup mail server on the basis of CGP with the only purpose to work as backup mail server (second MX) to hold for our domains all incoming email in the time our primary CGP mail server may be temporarily off-line.

I would appreciate any best practice hint, how to configure such a "scenario" and also which are the licence requirements. Do we need a second license for the backup mail server, apart from the license we have for our primary CGP server?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

André