From: James Moe jimoe@sohnen-moe.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Correcting TLS error
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:29:18 -0700
To: CGPro <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 04/08/2018 12:24 AM, James Moe wrote:

>   CG could not send a message:
> 22:06:55.705 3 SMTP-000424(tucsonwomenschorus.org) failed to establish a
> secure connection with [216.222.193.110]:25. Error Code=TLS record
> version is not 3.x

  Note: Due to an error in my Incoming Rules, I had not been seeing any
CGPro list traffic. Fixed.

  The solution was to add "--SMTPOutgoingTLSVersion 3" to the startup
parameters. This starts an outgoing SMTP connection with the SSL
negotiation at TLSv1.2, which is minimum that the pesky remote server
only allowed. Without the parameter, CGP started at a lower TLS version
and the remote server apparently responded badly to the suggestion, in a
way CGP did not accept.
  Support mentioned that if the remote server does not support TLSv1.2,
CGP allows downgrading to earlier versions.

--
James Moe
moe dot james at sohnen-moe dot com