From: Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Correcting TLS error
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 12:12:47 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

My server is already set to accepting SSLv3 as the oldest and I still experience these problems.

I don't know if you have tried to get people to update certificates with their mail servers, however when I send emails off to people, I am lucky if they even know the difference between SSL and TLS. Gone are the days when administrators actually know what they are doing and what the current requirements, etc are.

On 13/04/2018 8:01 AM, Christian F Buser mac-christian@gmx.ch wrote:
Hello James Moe jimoe@sohnen-moe.com. On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 00:24:56 -0700, you wrote:
Hello,
  CGPro 6.1.19
  linux 4.4.120-45-default x86_64

  CG could not send a message:
22:06:55.705 3 SMTP-000424(tucsonwomenschorus.org) failed to establish a
secure connection with [216.222.193.110]:25. Error Code=TLS record
version is not 3.x

  What does the error about TLS mean?
  What is the best way to correct it?

I think your server did encounter another server which is not "modern" enough.

Here [1] is the manual how to set what is acceptable for CG Pro. I have mine set to SSLv3 (which is, if I am not mistaken, the oldest version of SSL/TLS, all TLSv1.x being newer).

Probably the only possibilities you have are
(a) ask the receiving party to update their mail servers
(b) use an intermediary server which can talk to "older" mail server implementations to deliver your messages.

Christian

[1] https://www.stalker.com/CommuniGatePro/PKI.html#TLS

Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com> Cairns, QLD