From: Christian F Buser mac-christian@gmx.ch <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Correcting TLS error
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:01:01 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
Hello James Moe jimoe@sohnen-moe.com. On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 00:24:56 -0700, you wrote:
> Hello,
>   CGPro 6.1.19
>   linux 4.4.120-45-default x86_64
>
>   CG could not send a message:
> 22:06:55.705 3 SMTP-000424(tucsonwomenschorus.org) failed to establish a
> secure connection with [216.222.193.110]:25. Error Code=TLS record
> version is not 3.x
>
>   What does the error about TLS mean?
>   What is the best way to correct it?

I think your server did encounter another server which is not "modern" enough.

Here [1] is the manual how to set what is acceptable for CG Pro. I have mine set to SSLv3 (which is, if I am not mistaken, the oldest version of SSL/TLS, all TLSv1.x being newer).

Probably the only possibilities you have are
(a) ask the receiving party to update their mail servers
(b) use an intermediary server which can talk to "older" mail server implementations to deliver your messages.

Christian

[1] https://www.stalker.com/CommuniGatePro/PKI.html#TLS
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe fuer Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org