From: Nicolas Hatier nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Best skin for Rich Text or HTML editing
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 20:05:22 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Also, note that webskins cannot easily use the HTML part of a received message and reply using that HTML part as source. CGP provides a Text-only reply source.

In theory, the webskin could retrieve the whole message body, parse the MIME structure and get the HTML part, but this is quite a large task to accomplish for a presentation layer.

For XIMSS-based webskins, the task is (a bit) easier, as the message MIME structure is already broken down in XML. But even then, Pronto developers chose not to use that capability.

Now, let's see if I could add that to LookOut when XIMSS is available...

On 2018-03-24 00:45, Nicolas Hatier nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com wrote:

Our LookOut skin has a decent HTML editor, though I don't know if it qualifies at being "better than Pronto". It should be mostly equivalent.

http://www.niversoft.com/lookout

There is not many other third-party web skins availaible around, let alone with an HTML editor.

Some of the webskins coming with CGP (Simplex, GoldenFleece, Crystal) have a basic HTML editor too.

Speaking of which, the Crystal skin has a very clean look and is actually visually more enjoyable than any other skin I've seen bundled with CGP, though I didn't use it enough yet to know if it's enjoyable to use or complete. It's a bit slow because the static resources are served from the dynamic URLs and cannot be cached by the browser. Looks like it uses a mix of WSSP and XIMSS to achieve some actions that aren't possible with WSSP alone.

So, while I still prefer LookOut (of course), Crystal is likely worth the try.

On 2018-03-20 18:40, Paul_Dudley pdudley@anl.com.au wrote:

Is there a webskin available (either native or third party) which is better than Pronto at rich text or HTML editing when composing or replying to emails?

Regards

Paul Dudley

pdudley@anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER