From: Technical Support support@communigate.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Log detail in v6.2.0
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 08:26:24 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2018-03-02 08:09 , Paul_Dudley pdudley@anl.com.au wrote:
Since upgrading to v6.2.0, I have found that the log detail for the daily system logs under Monitors -> Logs -> Server is at the most detailed level, and therefore creating daily log files twice the size as previously.

I have looked around at the logging under the various tabs and have turned them down to try and minimize the log file size but it does not appear to have made any difference.

Is there anything I have missed or are the daily system log files now supposed to be more detailed by default and therefore larger.

There are few other spots where log levels could be increased:

1. the serer could be started with --logAll parameter: in this case everything is logged at the all Info level regardless of any settings.
2. some IPs were added to the Settings -> Network -> Debug IPs list: in this case all protocol sessions originated to or from the listed IPs are recoredd in the logs at the All Indfo level.
3. in account settings (or Account Defaults) the option "Log All Protocols" could be enabled so all protocol sessions authenticated by the affected accounts are recorded ate the all Info level.

Regards

Paul Dudley
[]
--