From: Chris Vlad postmaster@lightology.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016 Crashes with MAPI
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 02:35:49 -0800
To: <CGatePro>
Sergio,
Here is how we do this.
Mail account is ActiveSync.
For sharing folders, calendars and contact we have created “dummy” account and attach it to mail profile in outlook. Dummy account is setup up to see shared folders.

regards,
Piotr Stukin

Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:47 AM

Hi,

On 30/01/2018 05:37, Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au wrote:
Today has been a nightmare.

We had a Windows 10 PC with MSO2016. Outlook would not stop crashing. We uninstalled and reinstalled MSO three times. After the second time we tried installing MSO2013 instead. It would not accept the product key. Yay.

The third time, we did not bother with MAPI. We gave it an Active Sync account with the same CGP server and the problems disappeared.

This will now be our answer for all Outlook 2016 crashing from now on. I am no longer going to bother with MAPI. It is causing too many problems for our sites. Sometimes is not good enough.

About a third of our workstations have now experienced this problem.

Please explain how providing your Outlook 2016/2013 users with Active Sync allowed them to work in "workgroup" mode, with Outlook.

Or.. are you asking them to use their smartphone or tablets to manage contacts and calendars ?

Regards,
--
Sérgio Araújo
Partner | CTO

3GNTW | IT - Technology Infrastructure

sergio@3gnt.net | +351 252 377 120

Cloud | Consultancy | Datacenter | Domains | High Availability | Internet | IP Telephony | Messaging | Mobility | Networking | Newsletters | Online Shops | Security | System Administration | Virtualization | VoIP | Web Hosting | Websites

Visit us at www.3gnt.net!
Follow us at Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.