From: Technical Support support@communigate.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Howto: OS X Server Open Directory to serve Communigate
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:52:54 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2018-02-20 17:35 , Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi wrote:

On 20 Feb 2018, at 15:53, Till Klages t.klages@sparks.de <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:

can someone assist me with the following „wish“?

I want CommunigatePro to control access to it`s MailAccounts / for its users via OS X Open Directory.

This would mean same login for all services.

Does this make sense and if so can someone give me (non technician CGP-User almost for decades) an easy walk through the setup?

We are running OS X Servers (MacMinis) with OS X Server (App) – different Versions but this does not seem to be relevant.

Users are organized through one Open Directory Server replicating to the others. This works fine.
I understand that I must get LDAP to run  but with no instruction I better not touch it : - )

Hi Till,

it is possible to authenticate against an LDAP server and/or bind to an external LDAP directory.

For authentication you need to setup Settings > Helpers > External Authentication. Stalker has example LDAP authenticator scripts written in Perl here: https://www.communigate.com/CGAUTH/ which may work straight out-of-box or with small modifications.

Note also, in CGPro 6.2 it's possible to specify in account settings an LDAP URI (the new "Authentication URI" setting, http://www.communigate.com/CommuniGatePro/Accounts.html#Passwords) to which CGPro would try to "bind" using the password supplied in a protocol session, without a need for an external authentication helper.

I don’t have experience in binding CGP’s Directory to a remote OpenLDAP (=Open Directory) directory. It should be possible. I would be interested in hearing if anyone in the list has hands-on experience with it myself.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Akindinov.