From: Palvelin Postmaster postmaster@palvelin.fi <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Howto: OS X Server Open Directory to serve Communigate
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:35:56 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

> On 20 Feb 2018, at 15:53, Till Klages t.klages@sparks.de <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com> wrote:
>
> can someone assist me with the following „wish“?
>
> I want CommunigatePro to control access to it`s MailAccounts / for its users via OS X Open Directory.
>
> This would mean same login for all services.
>
> Does this make sense and if so can someone give me (non technician CGP-User almost for decades) an easy walk through the setup?
>
> We are running OS X Servers (MacMinis) with OS X Server (App) – different Versions but this does not seem to be relevant.
>
> Users are organized through one Open Directory Server replicating to the others. This works fine.
> I understand that I must get LDAP to run  but with no instruction I better not touch it : - )

Hi Till,

it is possible to authenticate against an LDAP server and/or bind to an external LDAP directory.

For authentication you need to setup Settings > Helpers > External Authentication. Stalker has example LDAP authenticator scripts written in Perl here: https://www.communigate.com/CGAUTH/ which may work straight out-of-box or with small modifications.

I don’t have experience in binding CGP’s Directory to a remote OpenLDAP (=Open Directory) directory. It should be possible. I would be interested in hearing if anyone in the list has hands-on experience with it myself.

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster@palvelin.fi