From: Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016 Crashes with MAPI
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:59:29 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Has anyone seen an update to the Outlook 2016 crashing problem yet?

On 31/01/2018 9:22 AM, Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au wrote:

We do not use shared folders or shared calendars, which is possibly what you are referring to. We us MAPI or ActiveSync to allow access to email, calendar events, contacts and tasks on multiple devices for the one user.

Funnily enough we were about to do a change where we had a large shared calendar for our hotel back of office team (especially reservations and functions). We have abandoned that idea for the time being and I am now reassessing how we can best do it, considering MAPI and Outlook 2016 currently are an unreliable combination.

The most likely outcome at this stage is to move away from inhouse mail server.

On 30/01/2018 7:47 PM, Sérgio Araújo sergio@3gnt.net wrote:
Hi,

On 30/01/2018 05:37, Shaun Gamble listrdr@redco.com.au wrote:
Today has been a nightmare.

We had a Windows 10 PC with MSO2016. Outlook would not stop crashing. We uninstalled and reinstalled MSO three times. After the second time we tried installing MSO2013 instead. It would not accept the product key. Yay.

The third time, we did not bother with MAPI. We gave it an Active Sync account with the same CGP server and the problems disappeared.

This will now be our answer for all Outlook 2016 crashing from now on. I am no longer going to bother with MAPI. It is causing too many problems for our sites. Sometimes is not good enough.

About a third of our workstations have now experienced this problem.

Please explain how providing your Outlook 2016/2013 users with Active Sync allowed them to work in "workgroup" mode, with Outlook.

Or.. are you asking them to use their smartphone or tablets to manage contacts and calendars ?

Regards,
--
Sérgio Araújo
Partner | CTO

3GNTW | IT - Technology Infrastructure

sergio@3gnt.net | +351 252 377 120

Cloud | Consultancy | Datacenter | Domains | High Availability | Internet | IP Telephony | Messaging | Mobility | Networking | Newsletters | Online Shops | Security | System Administration | Virtualization | VoIP | Web Hosting | Websites

Visit us at www.3gnt.net!
Follow us at Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.

Shaun
Fitzroy Island <http://www.fitzroyisland.com> Cairns, QLD
Destination Darwin NT <http://www.destinationnt.com> Darwin, NT
MOM Backpackers <http://www.momdarwin.com> Darwin, NT