From: Technical Support support@stalker.com <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Re: too many CALENDAR-tagged lines in the log
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 19:43:04 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

On 2018-01-30 12:47, Subscriber list@prosper.dcxinfra.net wrote:
Hi all,

Already using CGPro for email, we are now switching to CGPro as calendar server also.

The server logs are now overflowing with lines like the below, generating a few hundred megabytes of logs per day:

13:44:46.173 4 CALENDAR(user@mydomain.tld/user) {2096} next alarm(0): FUTURE
13:44:46.173 4 CALENDAR(user@mydomain.tld/user) {2097} next alarm(0): FUTURE
13:44:46.173 4 CALENDAR(user@mydomain.tld/user) {2098} next alarm(0): FUTURE

It would be interesting to have a look at these calendar entries. The simplest way to open items with these listed UIDs 2096 etc is to open that calendar via WebUser in the Basic skin, then select "View as folder" and then select any item from the list. Then in the address bar change the UID parameter in the URL to the UID you would like to investigate (...&UID=2097&...)

We have alarms turned off by default (IM, Phone & email).

But alarmas in calendar items are still parsed and processed.

I assume this is caused by indefinitely repeating appointments? We will search for those and limit the number of repeats. Or if anyone knows what is causing this I'd love to know!

In the meantime I've tried changing the log levels to get rid of these lines. Setting the right process log level to "Problems" should get rid of these lines I think?

But I cannot find a separate CALENDAR service. I've changed this to level "Problems":

This is recorded by the MAILBOX component (log level for it is in the domain settings.)

Settings - Services - HTTPU - Subprotocols - CalDAV

but the lines keep coming.

Thanks for any help, JJ

--
Best regards,