From: Sérgio Araújo sergio@3gnt.net <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: Why does a freshly installed CentOS 7.4 / CommuniGate Pro 6.2.1 server only gets a Qualys SSL B grade ?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 01:47:14 -0800
To: <CGatePro>
Greetings,

Why does a freshly installed CentOS 7.4 / CommuniGate Pro 6.2.1 server only gets a B grade with the Qualys SSL checker (see attached screenshot) ?

[root@mail ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
[root@mail ~]# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK 3gnt.net CommuniGate Pro POP3 Server 6.2.1 ready <421.1515639465@3gnt.net>

The server uses a valid Let's Encrypt certificate, and if use an Apache server as a reverse proxy, I get an A grade, which makes me think it's something with the CommuniGate Pro SSL implementation. However, I feel using Apache as a reverse proxy makes no sense, since CommuniGate Pro has an embedded Web server.

How do i fix/workaround the problems reported by the Qualys SSL checker ?

Regards,
--
Sérgio Araújo
Sócio-gerente | Director Técnico

3GNTW | IT - Infraestruturas Tecnológicas

sergio@3gnt.net | +351 252 377 120

Administração de Sistemas | Alojamento Web | Alta Disponibilidade | Cloud | Consultoria | Datacenter | Domínios | Internet | Lojas Online | Messaging | Mobilidade | Newsletters | Redes | Segurança | Telefonia IP | Virtualização | VoIP | Websites

Visite-nos, em www.3gnt.net!
Siga-nos no Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter e YouTube.