From: Brian Turnbow b.turnbow@twt.it <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Subject: RE: account.info broken - Outlook clueless
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 14:48:46 +0100
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
> > Hi,
> >

> >> I had a situation which caused some account.info files to break. I
> >> removed the files and CGP seems to be able to rebuild new ones.
> >> However, one of my clients who uses MS Outlook (Win) over IMAP
> >> complained that ”the folders he has created in Outlook no longer
> >> exist”. The actual emails in the client’s account are in tact on the
> >> server.
> >>
> >> I’m not very familiar with Outlook myself. Can this be fixed somehow?
> >
> > If the folders/mails are present on the server you can create a new
> > profile in outlook that will resync everything
>
> Hmm…is creating a new profile in Outlook really the only option?

If your OL cache is corrupted it is surely the easiest...
You can also just clear the cache files and restart the account.
There are some ms tools you can try if you want to, but I would just resync.

> I have later noticed other problems which I believe have been caused by
> deleting account.info. For example, all calendar and contacts seem to have
> transformed into a mailbox (they are visible in my Apple Mail.app but don’t
> work in Calendar or Contacts). I wonder how I should try to recover? Would
> it
> be possible (better, even) to restore older account.info files from a
> backup or
> do something else?

The account info files have other information like sequence of messages for
airsync , so restoring now could cause other issues.
If time has passed and new messages have come in and been synced, I'm not
sure if it is less painfull....
Maybe Roman or Dmitry can chime in.
Some of the webmail versions allow you to change the folder type which
communigate calls "class".
Otherwise you can do it from cli with  SETMAILBOXCLASS
If you look in an account.info file you can see what class each folder  has
assigned such as
Class=IPF.Task
Class=IPF.Appointment
Class=IPF.Contact