From: Mark J Strawcutter <mjstraw@iup.edu>
Subject: Re: ActiveSync/Exchange Security Policies
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:47:00 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
But my camera works just fine.  My understanding is that the policy gives the exchange server the ability to control these things.

"Erase all data" makes sense since CGP can trigger that over ActiveSync.

But the rest?  If CGP asked for these (which it may not have) how does it use them?  And how do we tell it, for example, to "disable the cameras" for a particular account/device?

Mark

On 3/20/2015 12:06 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:
Mark,

I cannot say if CGP is capable of doing this, but I imagine the functionality is there for organizations that do not allow cameras in sensitive areas. By disabling all cameras in phones provided by the organization, people do not have to leave their phone at the front desk.

Tom

On Mar 20, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Mark J Strawcutter <mjstraw@iup.edu> wrote:

On my HTC One(m8), the following "exchange security policies" have been set - when I define an ActiveSync account to CGP is asks permission to do this:

Erase all data
Set password rules
Monitor screen-unlock attempts
Lock the screen
Set lock-screen password expiration
Set storage encryption
Disable cameras
Device function limitation

Does anyone know enough about ActiveSync and/or Exchange security policies to know if these items were specifically requested by CGP, or are they something configured in the phone that it sets for all ActiveSync accounts?

If the former, how/why does CGP need to control my camera :-)

Mark