From: Marcel Hochuli <mhochuli@a-f.ch>
Subject: Re: blocked on 10 login failures AND Yosemite
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:29:53 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Sorry for the late answer / solution (if any other runs into the same problem):

Yosemite has two new settings:
1. Automatically detect and maintain account settings
2. Allow insecure authentication

Switch 1 to off and 2 to on and perform your needed settings. Then it works. In our special case, we have to use plain text for the external authentication to work.

Badly, on initial setup within the assistant, Mail.app tries too many times the wrong combination and the IP-Address gets blocked. But after the correct settings and the release of blocked IP, it works perfectly.

Marcel

Am 19.11.2014 um 16:58 schrieb Matthew Black <Matthew.Black@csulb.edu>:

I found that Outlook almost always, if not always, attempts to authenticate using the wrong protocol first, then successfully connects. Predominantly POP users, but some IMAP too.

matthew black

california state university, long beach