From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: localhost = blank?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 20:52:40 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

And for the router entries,

localhost=
is equivalent to
localhost=maindomain

No need to spell out the right part in that case.

NH

On 2014-08-13 16:38, Bill Cole wrote:
On 13 Aug 2014, at 15:18, Gib Henry wrote:

In the CGP documentation, they generally use a specimen like “domain.dom” where a domain name should appear.  According to the documentation, “localhost =” and “mail host =” are default router records, with nothing to the right of the equal signs, and that’s how we’re set up.  However, lately, I see log entries like this:

`13:47:44.361 1 HTTPA-000394([127.0.0.1]) failed to switch to the target TLS domain 'localhost'. Error Code=unknown secondary domain name
`
The error makes me wonder:  Should the records actually read “localhost = ourdomain.com” and “mailhost = ourdomain.com”? Cheers,

No, because that message indicates that the client was trying to set up a TLS connection using the hostname "localhost" for the server using SNI (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6066#section-3) or using the HTTP 1.1 "Host" request header,  but "localhost" is not a name which the server recognizes as one of its own. The router does not act on that hostname, it only acts on routing addresses of email messages and real-time signals.