From: Bill Cole <cgp-2008@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Instaling CGP
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:33:25 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On 13 Aug 2014, at 17:01, Elio Fabri wrote:

Hi all,
     I am a newcomer to CGP. I am trying to install in a slackware computer. Since slackware has no rpm service, I downloaded
CGatePro-Linux.x86_64.tar.gz (version 6.0-9).

Where did you get that from? I see no such file in ftp://ftp.communigate.com/pub/CommuniGatePro/6.0

In fact, I don't see any *.tgz package of any CGP version for 64-bit Linux on their site. The page of the CGP Guide with download links does not have an entry for non-rpm Linux x86_64, so it seems likely that no such package of CGP has ever existed.

The CGatePro-Linux-Intel.tgz they provide has 32-bit binaries and it includes the install.sh script. I'm not familiar with modern Slackware but if it includes 32-bit compatibility libraries as some other systems do, you may be able to just use the 32-bit version.

After tar-ing this file  in / I find two directories:
/opt/Communigate
/usr/doc/Communigate
but nowhere do I find the install.sh so I am stuck.

Would someone help me?

That looks like what one would get by extracting the file archive segment from the CGP .rpm file carelessly, ignoring the header segment (where the install script for RPM distros resides). Wherever that tar.gz file came from, I think you would be wise to remove it and the directory trees that were unpacked from it.

If you really need the 64-bit version, you contact Communigate directly to see if they are able to package it properly for you. It might also be possible to just install rpm on your Slackware machine and use the rpm file OR you may be able to find a tool to convert the rpm file to whatever format you use for package management.