From: Brian Turnbow <b.turnbow@twt.it>
Subject: Re: Moving Mailboxes/Calendars between accounts.
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 21:18:56 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Il giorno 07/nov/2013, alle ore 22:02, "Tom Rymes" <trymes@rymes.com> ha scritto:

> On 11/07/2013 3:26 PM, Brian Turnbow wrote:
>> Hi Tom
>>
>> You can suspend the domain and move the mailboxes without stopping communigate.
>> The domain will be rescanned when reactivated.
>> As they are shared this will not migrate permissions and subscriptions which will not work after the movement( that kind of stuff is in the account.settings/account.info files).
>> I don't know if there is a script that will help make the changes....
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Brian
>
> Brian,
>
> Thanks for the details. Stopping CGP for the brief time required to move the mailboxes isn't an issue, and we only have one domain, so is there any reason I would suspend the domain instead of stopping the service?
>
> Permissions and subscriptions shouldn't be an issue, so unless I am missing something, this shouldn't be that big of a deal?

No problem you can really even do it live ..I prefer to suspend the domain but with only one domain it doesn't chamge a lot. If cgp is still running it will handle tasks that come in during the migration and suspend resume is faster then a stop restart of the service.
We do it for restores so it is no problem.

Brian

> Tom

---
if you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to retain, read,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.