From: Technical Support, Stalker Labs <support@stalker.com>
Subject: Re: Shared rosters
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 04:55:53 +0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,
On 02.07.2013 23:55, Tom Rymes wrote:
Matthew,

I apologize for being unclear. What you describe is for subscribers to a
mailing list, but the functionality I meant to discuss was the ability
to have a shared roster for IM/Presence/Etc. pruposes.

Basically, when we hire or fire someone we have to have everyone
manually add that person to his/her roster in the XMPP client to see and
chat with them. It would be much better if HR could just add them to the
shared roster. and everyone could automatically see them.

Another easy method would be to add all of the other existing users to
the new person's list, but it is rare to find a bulk import function in
XMPP/SIP IM clients. It also wouldn't handle the task of removing people
who have moved on to greener pastures, either.

Perhaps there is a way to do this via script and CLI?

Yes. I can write one and put into <http://www.communigate.com/ScriptRepository/>.
Just define what is the "other existing users" - would it be all accounts in a domain or a file with names?

Tom

On 07/01/2013 4:27 PM, Matthew Black wrote:
From the command line prompt in Unix or Windows Explorer, simply copy
the .LIST file to duplicate list subscribers.

matthew black
california state university, long beach