From: Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
Subject: Re: Linux error #99
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 12:42:51 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Linux error 99 is Address Not Available

Check if the IP address assigned to the domain and FTP module is valid, if CGP can bind to the external (WAN) address, etc.

It's been a long time since I really used FTP, but I think a FTP server can only support PASV if it's not behind a firewall.

As the client use 192.168.* as IP, I suspect you're connecting your CGP server through the local network. In this case, it may be because the CGP server tries to bind to the WAN ip instead of binding to the local network IP to allow PASV. Still a wild guess, but try unchecking "Send WAN Address" in Settings/Access/FTP

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

On 2013-02-08 16:22, Daniel Roy wrote:
Hi,

Since updating to CGP 6.0.1, we are having problems with the FTP service.  We see "Linux Error #99" in the transaction logs and the connection fails.  Has anyone else experienced this?

##############
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is current directory
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 type set to IMAGE
Command: PASV
Response: 500 Linux error #99
Command: PORT 192,168,0,16,202,60
Response: 200 PORT command completed
Command: LIST
Response: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection to <MY_IP>,202,60
Response: 425 Linux error #99
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Sincerely,

Daniel Roy

Tel: +1 613 482 9050 ext 211
Fax: +1 866 622 9479