From: Marcel Hochuli <mhochuli@a-f.ch>
Subject: Re: rename secondary domain
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:10:11 +0000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I will try this (suspend domain), thanks.

Apropos alias: what is the better way to tie two domains together? Put an alias of the second domain into the first domain or put a line in the router domaina.ch = domainb.ch? (I have done the router-line).

Marcel

_______________________________________

Am 18.12.2012 um 14:54 schrieb Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>:

You may be able to suspend the domain....Users->Domains->[domain in question]->Domain Settings->Suspend Domain (a button at the bottom, on the right). I've never done it before, but my understanding is that it will prevent people from logging in and using the domain.  If you suspend the domain and restart CommuniGate, no one should be able to login. Even if you don't restart it, I think the connections will slowly die off allowing you to change the name....it might take a while though.

You can also put an alias on the domain to give it the new name in addition to the current name.  This will allow the mail to come in under both domains and will ease the transition.  Once you are able to actually change the name, you can put the former name in as an alias to pick up any email that may come in after the fact.

-Jeff

On 12/18/2012 8:16 AM, Marcel Hochuli wrote:
Hello

How do I rename a domain (not the main domain)?

I always get this error: account is in use

I can stop CGP completely, start it and immediately (within 3 secs) change the domain name. But I still get the above error.

Log tells me:
14:00:41.924 1 DOMAIN(oldname.ch <http://oldname.ch>) cannot abandon, accounts still open: accountname
14:00:41.924 1 DOMAIN(oldname.ch <http://oldname.ch>) failed to rename into 'newname.ch <http://newname.ch>'. Error Code=account is in use

Marcel