From: Philip Slater <pslater@communigate.com>
Subject: Re: Interminable reminder emails
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:21:20 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
While this is not a solution to the issue, I can at least provide you with some relief for the user.

The user can either do this themselves or you can as an administrator.

For the user log in to the account and open up the account settings.

Go to Calendar

Find "Server-side Processing"
Send Alarms as email set to NO.

Update

For the administrator open up the account settings and go to Preferences.

Towards the bottom of the page there will be a row for "Server-side Processing"
Send alarms as email set to NO.

Update

Of course this can be done across the board as either server wide or domain account defaults.

Phil

On Sep 28, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Chris. We are running 5.4.6, and this has not gotten any better. The event for which the reminder is being sent is no longer in my calendar and it still keeps coming, two messages per minute.
>
> I swear I can't take it much longer!
>
> Tom
>
> On 09/28/2012 3:32 PM, Lightology Postmaster wrote:
>> Hello Tom,
>> I had this issue with CGP 5.3 and calendar entries or modifications from
>> an Iphone. CGP5.4 resolved the issue, I am not sure if this is your case.
>>
>> Chris V.
>>

>> -----Original Message----- From: Tom Rymes
>> Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 1:18 PM
>> To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions
>> Subject: Interminable reminder emails
>>
>> OK, so I have an event that was in my calendar for today at 2PM, and I
>> must have received 400 email and IM reminders about it. Lightning is NOT
>> popping up a reminder.
>>
>> It has been moved until next week now, but I cannot get it to stop
>> e-mailing me every minute.
>>
>> Any ideas, other than deleting and re-adding the appt?
>>
>> Tom

CommuniGate Pro Training
If interested please contact sales@communigate.com

Learn more about Rich Internet Applications
http://www.communigate.com/pronto/

Philip Slater
Professional Services
CommuniGate Systems