From: Aleksandar Zivaljevic <alex@dataphone.co.nz>
Subject: Re: CGP & Gtalk (Voice)
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:20:35 +1200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hello,

Can someone clear this out for me, I am afraid I am missing some knowledge on SRVs although I did check the docs I could find on the net.

1) Why are instructions for setting up CGP to talk to GoogleTalk saying that SRV records for my domain have to be pointed to alt1.xmpp-server.l.google.com? Example is _xmpp-server._tcp.MyDomain.com. IN SRV 5 0 5269 xmpp-server.l.google.com. SRV is a service record and CGP server has those services running (Jabber, XMPP...) Why not _xmpp-server._tcp.MyDomain.com. IN SRV 5 0 5269 xmpp-server.MyDomain.com ?

2) if I enter S:N:gmail.com = gmail.com.xmpp*q* in the router of my CGP server, I get "illegal Router picture" message. What am I doing wrong? Can someone provide "Connect CGP to GoogleTalk for Idiots"? I would much appreciate that.

3) Is anyone using video to connect from Pronto to other video clients (clients using to other servers and/or using to CGP) including video-phones as clients? What is the experience and have you got any tricks to share?

The reason I ask Q3 is because I lost an opportunity to get the biggest client in the country because their business analysts could not establish video between XLite and Grandstream video phone. They also received an error message when they tried to install CGP ActiveX in their internet explorers... Few million dollars lost in CGP licences just because basic how-to is not provided. I was told by the client that CGP is more of a tool for enthusiasts then for the real enterprise clients. They were also surprised to learn that no drag-to-attach-message is available in Pronto email client.

Regards,
Aleksandar Zivaljevic, CTO
Dataphone Group Limited New Zealand
+64-(0)9-973-5472
+64-(0)9-238-2022
+64-(0)21-161-1671

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 21:15:11 +0200
 Hannes Hromadka <Johannes@Hromadka.at> wrote:
 On 07.09.2012 01:02, Nicolas Hatier wrote:

 Hello:

 S:N:gmail.com = gmail.com.xmpp*q*

 after adding the missing q it is working now, thank you very much.

 And off course having the SRV DNS entries of the own server is
important.

 Here is a nice tool to geneate the records

 And this tool helps to check them.

    Thanks again to you an Jürgen.

           Hannes

 NH

 On 2012-09-06 13:40, Hannes Hromadka wrote:
 On 03.09.2012 11:31, Andre Jouch wrote:

 Hello:
 Can some one call (talk) directly from CGP to the GTalk, if possile pls.
 share more info.
 I try hard from time to time, but it does not work

 I have these in my router config

 S:N:gmail.com = gmail.com.xmpp
 S:N:gmx.net   = gmx.net.xmpp

 I see traffic between my cgate and the xmpp servers from google and gmx,
 but had not much success now.

 The invite from google pops up in pronto 4 for my account, but when I
 accept the buddy request the answer never reaches gmail.

 When I then try to send an IM from gmail to cgate this works, but the
 other way does not.

 Absolutely no success between gmx and cgate.

 Talk google <-> gmx works fine.

 Any hints to get further?

    Ciao,  Hannes

   Ciao,  Hannes

 --
 Johannes Hromadka     | Email: Hannes@Hromadka.at

 Du musst die Details kennen (Geni Weber) <<<