From: Ron Smith <postmaster@pmbx.net>
Subject: Re: CGP whats maxing out my processor
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:45:36 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
How 'big' is your list of banned content?

Ron

Want to know more about me and my family? Take a look at the free ebook about my daughter below.

On Sep 6, 2012, at 9:23 AM, Robin Lewis <robin@primary.uk.com> wrote:

We have 2 Thunderbird users but not using ESET, and TB clients dont seem to be accessing the server more than expected.
UPDATE
CGServer process has been maxing out server processor constantly for 5 hours (all of working day so far)
-Server is useable but very slow.
-I stopped CG via command line and the server became unavaiable to users but CGServer process I still mixing out the server.
-Rebooted the server and after a few mins the processor usage shot up to max.

I noticed in the Access> HTTPU screen I see a lot of entries for a user and CalDAV, is this normal.
NB This user just updated from Lion to Mountain Lion (mac laptop)
Could this be causing processor max out.

Robin

On 5 Sep 2012, at 17:17, Brian Gibson wrote:

We had an issue a while back with an older version of the ESET antivirus product thinking that a search database that the thunderbird email client was a virus. Thunderbird would continually try and index the email messages which would beat the crap out of the CGPro server (we saw load averages in the 30's and 40's !!!). Not sure if you have both of those products in your environment but it is worth checking out. I think it started happening when Tbird upgraded to 3.1 with any version of ESET earlier than 4.2.71 (something around there). You have to upgrade ESET and shut off the "Global Search and Indexer" option within Thunderbird

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Gibson
Systems Administrator
Wheaton College

Are you a musician? If so visit my Arbans Online music site at http://arbansonline.com and listen & contribute
On 9/5/2012 11:47 AM, Robin Lewis wrote:
I don't think its a version issue in my case, in using version 5.4.4
I think the server is busy doing something - just want to know what that something is.

On 3 Sep 2012, at 22:11, Dimitris Gialoglidis wrote:

Hi. What version you use? I had the same problem when cgp went to 5.4.7. I downgrade to 5.4.6 and the cpu is idle. I didn't had the time for troubleshoot but when i do upgrade again to 5.4.7 and find something i'll post it. Is anyone else have the same problem with 5.4.7?

I am on different platform-> Linux x64.

Sent from my iPhone using CommuniGate Pro UC

On 3 Σεπ 2012, at 22:47, "Robin Lewis" <robin@primary.uk.com> wrote:

CGP whats maxing out my processor

Currently CGP is running at 181% CPU usage (dual processor Mac PowerPC)
Im interested what CGP is doing with all this resource, is there a way in the web UI to see what processes/ threads within CGP are taking resources.
I suspect the culprit is me- copying 10,000 address book items to a users account.
Im using Apple Address book connected with CardDav to CGP, its been running for about 4 hours and its about 25% done.

Anyone else had any experience with large amount of contact in CGP account and managing with Apple address book, seems like a great solution to getting contacts off users computer and "syncing" home/ office address books. Hopefully on a day to day basis its not as slow as initial upload/dump. Groups created using apple Address Book appear oddly in pronto but seem to work fine in Address Book.
Regards
Robin

--
Robin Lewis