From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: Re: Disable Domain
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:29:34 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
This doesn't usually happen on my installation, but when a domain gets cancelled, we often just rename it with a ".old" on it or something similar.  Logins will still work if the person uses the username "user@example.com.old" and the mail can be viewed.

Mail will still route to it locally, but the person sending the mail would have to be doing it intentionally.....it won't happen by accident.

On 8/1/2012 2:07 PM, Todd Clayton wrote:
Hi,

We run two mail domains (mail.marauder.net and mail.coreblox.com) and I recently migrated one of the domains (mail.coreblox.com) over to a hosted mail solution. I would like to allow users to still read the email on the CGPro server for the migrated domain, but not route messages to that domain locally and instead to the hosted domain instead. This works fine for mail coming from other servers, but if a user accidentally sends the message from their old account, instead of routing to the new server it routes to the old domain on CGPro. Is there a way to ensure that the mail is routed to the new server and that any incoming messages to the other domain (mail.marauder.net) are not rejected due the "sender requires authentication (in reply to MAIL FROM command)" check?

Apologies if this has been asked previously. Nothing came up in my search of the list.

Thanks,
Todd