From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: FreeBSD tuning
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 08:28:40 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Is anyone out there running FreeBSD 8 with the server tuning parameters outlined in:
http://www.stalker.com/cgatepro/Scalability.html#FreeBSD

We're running into a default thread limit and are wondering if all/some of those recommendations still stand.  The recommendations were made for FreeBSD 5 and some of the new defaults seem to what the previous recommendations were [or more/less depending on the parameter].

Basically, can we increase the kern.threads.max_threads_per_proc by itself or does some other parameter depend on it [such as kern.maxfilesperproc]?