From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Re: Lightning and Tasks
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:06:49 +1000
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Ignore my email, it looks as though SyncCGP no longer synchronises Tasks.

On 29/11/2011 10:26 AM, Shaun Gamble wrote:
Have you had a look at SyncCGP add on for ThunderBird by NiverSoft? It might be a solution to your dilemma.

On 29/11/2011 9:40 AM, Ben Hanes wrote:
Hello All,

CGP Server 5.4.2 on RHEL 6.1 - Micro Cluster

I'm having a terrible time with Tasks and Mac OS.  I'm looking for ideas.  Here is what Iv'e come up with thus far:

    Mac OS 10.5 - Tasks still can update to the Calendar directory in iCal
    Mac OS 10.6 & 10.7 - Tasks can be seen from the Calendar
    directory, but new tasks cannot be added. There seems to be no way
    of adding to the Tasks directory from iCal.

    Thunderbird with Lightning - Tasks can be added to the directory.
    Inconsistent results.  Not all items get posted.  Not all items on
    the server are available.

    iOS - Tasks are available and usable in the Reminder App, no
    problems found. cannot view the items that are entered into the
    Calendar directory from Mac OS 10.5

Then with free/busy...

    Mac OS 10.7 - iCal now supports free/busy

    Thunderbird with Lightning - No longer supports free/busy

So while it does make sense to use the Tasks directory for all To Do items, it appears that client support is lacking.  If anyone cam figure out how to get iCal to see and edit the Tasks, I would be grateful. Ultimately, I need a calendaring solution that supports Tasks and free/busy.  Thunderbird with Lightning seems to flakey and Apple Mail/iCal has issues.  What is one to do?

Thanks

Ben Hanes
Email Administrator
Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

--

Shaun
http://www.fitzroyisland.com http://www.destinationnt.com