From: Oliver Koch <koch@rz.tu-clausthal.de>
Subject: Re: CLI question
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:40:05 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Paul,

Am 03.11.2011 07:07, schrieb Paul_Dudley:

We are running CommuniGate Pro on a RHEL server. I can telnet in to
CommuniGate Pro as postmaster and run commands as shown below:

telnet localhost 106

Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).

Escape character is '^]'.

200 CommuniGate Pro PWD Server 5.3.12 ready <3.1320299795@anl.com.au>

USER postmaster

300 please send the PASS

PASS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

200 login OK, proceed

ListDomains

200 data follow

(

anl.com.au,

)

QUIT

I have copied CLI.pm into directory /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 and script
ListTotals.pl is in the same directory.

However when I run perl script ListTotals.pl it cant connect to the
CGPro server (as shown below).

I have tried this multiple times and have copied and pasted the
postmaster password in so I know that the password is correct.

The ListTotals.pl script uses the same port – 106 – as my telnet command
so why cant it connect?

./ListTotals.pl

CGPro Main Domain: anl.com.au

Postmaster Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can't login to CGPro: Can't open connection to CGPro Server

does that script connector to localhost/127.0.0.1 or does it use the global hostname or ip address of your server? Perhabs the CLI server doesn't accept connections on the global ip address?

Kind regards,

Oliver Koch

--
Oliver Koch                     |Telefon: (05323) 72-2626
Technische Universität Clausthal|Telefax: (05323) 72-994882