From: Brian Gibson <gibson_brian@wheatoncollege.edu>
Subject: Re: user bounced out of webmail after sending a message
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:55:02 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi Tom,

I checked the logs and it looks like he is logging in then fairly quickly (a minute later) composing/sending the message then at the very point right after the message gets sent I see his session end. I am having trouble actually pinning him down so I can see it in person which makes me think it is either not an important issue or he has resolved it.... I'll post more info (if I get it)

:-)

On 11/2/2011 3:46 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:
On 11/01/2011 4:34 PM, Brian Gibson wrote:
Hi all,

I have a student saying that when he sends a message in Webmail it
bounces him out of his session. I don't think it is a skin issue
(Lookout 3.8.2D) because it only seems to be happening with his
computer. It's running Mac OSX 10.7.2 and it happens with Chrome version
15 and Firefox (version 7 I believe), haven't tested it with Safari yet.
All his account settings and preferences are set to the default. We got
our hands on a 10.7.2 machine and tested with his account and our
account and couldn't replicate the issue. Any ideas on what might be
happening? I haven't seen the issue occur yet but I figured I would try
and get ahead of it with any suggestions you might have. He is well
below his quota.

Thanks!

Perhaps he takes a long time to compose the message, then sends after a session has expired or something similar? I have been presented with a "Your session has expired" message or something similar and you have to click the link presented and log back in, then the message display is restored. Click send again and you're good to go.

Tom