From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley@anl.com.au>
Subject: Moving to LDAP authentication
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:02:43 +1100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

We are considering moving our existing Communigate Pro mail server to use LDAP authentication for email accounts from our MS Active Directory server. I have a couple of  questions regarding this:

Is it possible to change the authentication for email accounts for an existing mail server from the internal username and password to an Active Directory server?

Is there an idiots guide to setting up LDAP authentication for a Communigate Pro mail server? I have read the Communigate Pro Help pages but I can’t seem to get my head around it – I can’t see where you tell the Communigate Pro mail server which Active Directory server to authenticate against.

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

ANL - REGIONAL CARRIER OF THE YEAR 2011 - CONTAINERISATION INTERNATIONAL
.
ANL DISCLAIMER