From: Mark J Strawcutter <mjstraw@iup.edu>
Subject: Re: AirSync and deleted messages
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:51:56 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'm not asking that CGP unilaterally not enumerate deleted/unexpunged messages.

I'm asking that CGP make the appropriate "mappings" between disparate protocols that have different capabilities.  A message in the message store with the delete flag set is, by definition, deleted.  It should be presented to activesync as deleted - in whatever way activesync wants to be told.  Since activesync has no concept of logical vs physical deletion, all deleted messages should be presented identically.

If an imap client asks for all messages regardless of any flag settings, then that's what it should be given.  How it elects to present that information to the user is a separate issue.

Mark

On 10/28/2011 10:36 AM, Rob Logan wrote:

 > Move up one level of abstraction.

then your asking IMAP clients that gray out deleted messages (sometimes
with
lines through them) to not work as expected if you ask CGP to not enumerate
deleted but not expunged messages. the point remains:

ask Microsoft to update the proto, not Stalker, CGP is following standers..

Rob