From: Shaun Gamble <listrdr@redco.com.au>
Subject: Outlook invites and scheduling
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:56:00 +0930
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I know this may not be directly related to CGP but I thought I'd give it a go.

We have a functions manager who uses MSOutlook on a PC and sends an invite out for appointments for all of her functions. The recipients accept the invite and the tracking (in the appointment) shows the recipient has accepted. The appointment is then in the Function Manager's calendar as well as the recipient's calendar. Any updates are then sent and the appointment is also updated in the recipient's calendar.

That is the theory part. The problem is, a number of people who work there are now using their own Mac laptops and iPads. For some reason, it does not work (as listed above) on the Mac devices. Even though the Mac recipients (not using Mac Outlook but the included Mail program) respond to the invite, it is not showing as accepted in the PC Outlook. The updating is the important part as this refers to times, number of people attending and resources required. This is all needed for rostering, etc.

If any has any experience with the above and how to get it working, it would be appreciated. A shared calendar is not an option as we can't use MAPI on the Macs or iPad and they are humans so trying to use a shared webmail calendar failed as they kept forgetting to check it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

--

Shaun
http://www.fitzroyisland.com http://www.destinationnt.com