From: Jeremy Bascom <jbascom@scco.edu>
Subject: Re: question on mailbox size limits
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:36:38 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I thought I heard this was going away with 5.4... Did that feature not make the cut? Did I misunderstand the feature?

reference:
Subject:
New server Beta and features
From:
Jon Doyle <jdoyle@communigate.com>
Date:
11/5/10 2:35 PM

•New large mailbox support (>2GB) and performance improvements with new file system
Untitled Document
If it isn't in 5.4.0 is it still planned?

-Jeremy
There is still a 2gb limit on mbox-type Mailboxes (textmailbox). This limit doesn't apply to mdir-type mailboxes (maildirmailbox).

NH

On 2011-07-21 11:03, John Lalande wrote: Hi-

I tried finding info on this in the Communigate Pro documentation (checked the Scalability page and others) and can't find info on whether there's a folder size limit (either in terms of size, e.g., 2 GB per folder, or # of messages). Have folks here seen a limit, either on the client side or server side? Back in the day, I heard there was a 2 GB per folder limit in Thunderbird, but when I tried to find info on this, the only such limitation I could find was related to client-side local storage. Which none of our users will use -- they want everything on the IMAP server so they can access their old email wherever they are.

Our clients are all set for IMAP access, so this would really be primarily for server-side folders.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John